Monday, March 29, 2010

Relationship between overlooking and tolerating

My choices make me who I am and who I want to be.

According to William James, "The essence of genius is to know what to overlook". Life is complex and hectic for most of us. It is made harder to live when noise pollution become a matter. I can hardly bare extreme noisy environments. People like me will either neglect those environments or overlook the situation if they had to be in it.

What else we could overlook? I think mistakes or so called failures as I don't believe in failure. The word failure still does not make sense to me after many years of hearing the word almost everyday. I have come across an interesting saying from Doug Larson who claimed "a true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success.”

There may be some kind of relationship between overlooking and tolerating. Have you notice yourself tolerating something which you were supposed to overlook? Or vice versa?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powerful Life Changing Hacks That Truly Transformed My Life: Using simple yet effective hacks to transform physical, mental and emotional health rapidly and sustainably

In this post, I'd like to introduce one of my recent books reflecting my transformational development. It is titled " Powerful L...